SecureCircle Removal (aka Divorce) Process
- Updated On 18 Oct 2020
- 1 Minute To Read
If SecureCircle should ever need to be completely removed from an organization, the following steps will allow for all data to be decrypted.
- Admin login to SecureCircle admin UI and move all applications to the Allowed List. All applications will be able to access protected files.
- Admin will disable Derivatives from Client Configuration Policy.
- Admin can install SecureCircle decrypt script to all endpoints. Admin should contact SecureCircle for a custom script.
- Admin should enable Release from Circle permissions to all users and inform all users to manually release as many files as possible.
- Admin should monitor ‘All Created Files’ log and determine which users/devices are still adding data to protection.
The above steps will help identify and release files from protection. A file may still be encrypted in cloud storage or offline devices. To decrypt files in the cloud or offline devices, the files will need to be moved/accessible to an endpoint with SecureCircle agent installed. Once files are accessible, manually or via script release the files from the Circle.
Before the SecureCircle server is decommissioned, the database should be safely archived. If the key database is lost, an encrypted file can never be decrypted.
- Encrypted files can be decrypted using standard tools as long as the encryption key database is available.
Alternative processes may be more efficient based on data workflows, feel free to contact your channel partner or SecureCircle Support for additional options.