- 26 Mar 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
Secure Send Policy
- Updated on 26 Mar 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
Secure Send is a secure email and data transfer feature that protects data in transit to external parties without the need to install the SecureCircle client agent. External parties will receive an email and instructions on how to remove SecureCircle protection or the instructions can be sent manually for usage with CD, DVD, USB, other removable media, cloud storage, or file sync and share. Administrators have the ability to revoke and change permissions prior to the external party retrieving the protected data.
Secure Send Policies allow for the configuration of general access limitations.
In-Browser Viewing and Download:
- View Only: Allows the recipient to view PDF and Office files in the browser.
- Download Only: Allows the recipient to download an unprotected version of the file.
- View and Download: Allows the recipient to view or download.
Share TTL: Expiration time in seconds for the Secure Send data
Access Limitation: Limits the number of times data can be released (removing protection from the data). This can be a limit per recipient or total accesses regardless of the user.
- If the Secure Send policy allows 2 accesses per recipient then each recipient will only be able to access the share twice. The third access attempt will be denied.
- If the Secure Send policy allows 2 accesses total then after a total of two accesses have been made regardless of the user, the third access attempt will be denied.
Allowed Recipients: This is an allowed list of users that are allowed to receive SecureCircle protected data.
Denied Recipients: This is a denied list of users who are not allowed to receive SecureCircle protected data.
There is a default Secure Send Policy called ‘Default policy’. There are no specific rules assigned to this policy.
To create a new Secure Send Policy
- Enter a name for the Policy
- Select the options for Viewing and Download
- Set Time to Live (TTL) value
- Set Access Limitation value
- Enter any Allowed/Denied Recipients
- Click Create
To change the name of a Secure Send Policy, click on the checkbox field of the Policy(s) you want to modify. Then click the Actions button. Click Modify Policy.
To Modify the Secure Send Policy, click on the checkbox field of the Policy(s) you want to modify. Then click the Actions button. Click either the Modify.
To Delete a Network Policy, click on the checkbox field of the Policy(s) you want to delete. Click the Actions button. Click Delete Policy.