- 07 Jun 2021
- 1 Minute to read
Client Configuration Policy
- Updated on 07 Jun 2021
- 1 Minute to read
Client Configuration Policy sets various client settings.
There is a default Client Configuration Policy called ‘Default policy’.
Create a new Client Configuration Policy
- Click on Client Configuration (under Policies) in the left-hand navigation menu bar
- Click Create Policy button
- Enter a Policy name
- Enter values for the various fields.
- Click Create
The policy cannot be deleted if assigned to a Circle. Remove the Policy from all Circles first then Delete Policy.
Cache Settings (in seconds)
- Online cache
- Offline cache
- Key cache
Secure Folder (multiple enveloping): defines the behavior for Secure Folders.
- Allow enables protected files placed into a Secure Folder to be encrypted with the Secure Folder Circle information. If the file was protected in Circle1 and placed into a Secure Folder (for Circle2), the file is now protected by both Circle1 and Circle2. This requires users to have permissions to both Circles to access the data.
- Strict denies the protected file from being protected multiple times. A file from Circle1 cannot be placed into the Secure Folder for Circle2.
File Tagging is a file-level metadata feature which will populate the SecureCircle information into the file. This is useful for file-level scanning when scanners do not have access to SecureCircle protected data.
When enabled, clients will prioritize sending protection event logs to the server. Without enabling, the client will send the file protection logs when the file is accessed.
Enabling Derivative will enable automatically protected derivative works in the same Circle as the original content. This would include common tasks such as Save-As and Copy-N-Paste, but also include manually retyping content that is already protected.
The (%) amount of data similarity required for data to be considered a derivative. The default threshold is 5%.
The list of file types which derivatives will be calculated and compared. The default list of extensions is: mht, xps, doc, dot, wbk, docx, docm, dotx, dotm, docb, xls, xlt, xlm, prn, dif, slk, xlsx, xlsm, xltx, xltm, xlsb, xla, xlam, xll, xlw, ppt, pot, pps, pptx, pptm, potx, potm, ppam, ppsx, ppsm, sldx, sldm, odt, ott, odm, ods, ots, odg, otg, odp, otp, odf, odc, odb, csv, html, htm, xhtml, rtfd, pdf, rtf, xml, xslt, txt, pub, vsdx, ai, psd, jnt, pages, numbers